Friday, June 24, 2011

Procrastination & the Painting Project


There it is. The can of paint that has been mocking me for months. It is supposed to be on my bedroom wall, and yet, there it sits. Waiting.

Recently, I had to go to the hardware store to have it re-shaken and rejuvenated so that it would become reacquainted with the idea of having walls to welcome, plaster to placate, and a room to renew.

Today, the can is still closed. However, the car has had an oil change, groceries were purchased, and a future trip was partially planned. Of course, I just had to walk around the garden before the anticipated rainfall later today...



These roses have a wonderful aroma.


The mock orange is still so tiny after several years, but pretty, I think.



This, my third clematis, I put in last year; it seems very happy against the warm, red brick wall. 


Tomorrow, I paint the trim in the bedroom. There, I have said it. Sunday (or Monday) the can of paint, shown above, will be emptied.

Have you ever noticed that sometimes it takes more energy to delay a project than it does to complete it?

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog and left a comment. I have added your blog to my list of Canadian blogs. Your garden photos are wonderful. Looking forward to seeing many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you come and sort my garden out? Seriously, though, lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosebark, it was so kind of you to visit and leave a comment. Trust me when I say that I have parts of my garden that need sorting out as well! You made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...